May 30, 2020
FREE ONLINE WEBINAR
The Gateway Arch
"Gateway to the Stars"
DATE: Saturday, May 30, 2020
- Program 1: 8:00 pm - 8:45 pm - "Lights Out St. Louis"
- The Missouri Chapter of the International Dark-Sky Association ("IDA Missouri") will discuss light pollution's impact on stargazing and life on Earth with emphasis on the impact on bird migration. The program host will be Don Ficken, President of IDA Missouri.
- The 45 minute program will feature both presentations by national and local bird experts on bird migration in light polluted skies:
- National experts from the National Audubon Society (prerecorded video)
- St. Louis Metro experts:
- St. Louis Audubon Society - Jean Favara, Vice President of Conservation
- Audubon Society at Riverlands - Emily Connor, Educator
- IDA Missouri, Don Ficken, President and member of the St. Louis Astronomical Society
- Program 2: 8:45 pm - 9:00 pm - "Virtual Stargazing"
- A virtual tour of the night sky by Park Ranger Rich Fefferman who is also a member of the St. Louis Astronomical Society
HOW TO PARTICIPATE:
USING ZOOM: A single registration on ZOOM will allow you to participate in both webinars: Register (Attendees can submit questions)
USING FACEBOOK: Prefer to watch both webinars on Facebook? View the live webinar during the scheduled event time: Watch NOTE: (Attendees unable to submit questions)